Your Source of Information for Ward 9
After lengthy consultations with the public, key stakeholders and Indigenous people which has been a critical component of the One River Master Plan EA process, staff came back with a recommendation to Council to Decommission the Springbank Dam.
I am so pleased that Council unanimously supported this Recommendation. After 9 years of a free flowing river, we as a City have found ourselves in an unusual situation to find that our river has changed. It has become healthier for its citizens, wildlife, fish habitat and for Indigenous people living downstream.
Council will be provided a recommendation sometime this Spring as to the process to decommission the dam. We can expect a structural analysis of the dam as well as different options and permits that would be required. We can then look at opportunities to re-purpose some of the aspects of the dam.
If you want more information, please see our Springbank Dam page.
I encourage residents to contact me at email@example.com or 226-927-0439 to discuss concerns, issues or what’s happening in their area so that I can best represent my constituents.
Stay tuned and Let the River Flow,
Join byron community organization to learn about byron valley trail
If you've been interested in the plans for the proposed trail behind the new construction across from Byron Northview P.S, join BCO, Councillor Hopkins and City of London staff to learn about the new trail ideas!
Thurs Mar 8, 2018 - 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Byron Public Library Auditorium
1295 Commissioners Rd W
Our City - E-news and info for londoners
Subscribe to Our City e-newsletter and stay up-to-date on what's happening!
- BRT Open House - Five more Open House events are planned between Feb 28th and Mar 3rd to see detailed maps and renderings of the recommended preliminary designs for the BRT network, to be brought before Council in Spring 2018. For more information, click here.
- #1000ActsofWelcome - The London & Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership has launched a new campaign to end racial, religious and ethnic prejudice and discrimination by engaging residents in creating a welcoming community - one welcoming act at a time! Participate by sharing acts of welcome you've experienced, completed or witnessed.
- Share a ride! - Looking to carpool? Regional Rideshare is a free service for interested carpoolers all over Southwestern Ontario to match them with a driver or rider to share rides to work or school. Sign up today!
- Snow Removal Requests - Did you know it takes our winter maintenance team a minimum of 24 hours to clear local streets and sidewalks and an additional 48 hours for bus stops? Learn more about our snow removal processes.
- Honk Mobile - HonkMobile is waiving convenience fees for all mobile parking transactions at municipal parking in London for the remainder of February! With the Honk app, residents and visitors can seamlessly search, pay for and top up parking from a phone, tablet or computer.
- Alert London - Don't wait. Keep your entire family in the loop with our free emergency notification system. From large-scale power outages to community evacuations, we’ll keep you informed in the case of an emergency. Sign up today!
Interested in running for city councillor?
Check the link to the Candidate Information Sessions.
Saturday Apr 7th at City Hall, 10 AM - 3 PM
Snow Angels 2017
Help shovel out your neighbours. Become a Snow Angel. For more information, check the Snow Angels page or click the button below.
What's In It for Ward 9?
Rapid Transit Open House sessions
See the detailed maps and renderings of the recommended preliminary designs for the BRT network, developed in consultation with the public, to be brought forward to City Council in spring 2018.
Open Houses are drop-in format, followed by a presentation and Q & A session.
Proposed Abattoir application at 8076 Longwoods Road
- Currently at the Ontario Municipal Board
- For background see the Issues page
Your Voice Counts
Walk the Talk. See what is being proposed. If you care about how London develops, check this page. Be part of the process.
Issues in the News
Londoners care deeply about issues affecting themselves and those around them. Find more information here.
There are tons of exciting things to see and do in London. Meet new people, see new things. Find out how.