Your source for what's happening in the ward
Looking forward to Mar 2019, London will host Canada’s top music awards. The JUNO Awards promise to be a week-long opportunity to showcase new and top talent, while at the same time allowing London to show off its chops as a city. Stay tuned, announcements to come!
In January Council will tackle the next four-year budget. I look forward to lively discussions and your suggestions as we work to keep taxes reasonable for Londoners.
I want to comment on the traffic concerns being addressed over and over by users of Southdale/Colonel Talbot Rd and Oxford/Commissioners. I hear and share your frustration regarding congestion immediately and as more developments are approved. I have lost count of the number of staff and developer conversations about moving road improvements forward. We must find a better way to have safe roads for all users and I will continue to advocate and have those conversations to find a better way.
An update on the Byron Pit will be released in late December but if you want to comment please contact Bruce Page, at email@example.com or 519-661-2489 ext. 5355.
Now that much of the work has been completed for Lambeth's Main St., work will start in earnest on the Colonel Talbot Pumping Station, so necessary to address sanitary servicing needs for the greater Lambeth/Bostwick area. Roughly adjacent to Diane Crescent, the next phase will run north along Colonel Talbot Rd. Construction will continue into 2019.
Ward 9 has distinct neighbourhoods, diverse needs and strong areas of development growth. It is exciting and challenging to stay on top of everything that is happening in Ward 9 and I encourage residents to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 226-927-0439 to discuss concerns, issues or what’s happening in their area so that I can best represent my constituents.
Best wishes to everyone for the coming year,
I can be reached at 226-927-0439 or email@example.com.
Check this link to see the digital version of the report to learn more about what's happening in London.
If you love skating, did you know that the City offers public skating times? Some of the time slots are even free! To learn more, check this link! On the right hand side you can find a .pdf with the 2018-19 Public Skate Schedule that details when and where you can skate.
Interested in commenting on upcoming development Applications?
Check the Calendar page to see Notices arranged by comment DUE DATE. Where available, links and documents are attached.
Contact the City of London
Report a Tree Issue, Garbage not Collected, Pothole, Park or Playground or Signage Issue
City of London Frequently Called Numbers
Check out the What's Happening Page to see new community events and news!
Want to let City Hall what you think London's Strategic Priorities should be for the next four years? Check the link on the GetInvolved London web page to learn more, or check our new Strategic Plan page for more information!
Help shovel out your neighbours. Become a Snow Angel, join the Snow Angel community to request assistance with your shoveling or to find people near you in need of support.
Delivered right to your inbox, stay up-to-date on information for London. Subscribe at the button below or check the latest edition! Here are some examples in the latest edition.
- Strategic Plan- Council is looking for your feedback as they work to develop the Strategic Plan for the City of London 2019-2023. Share your feedback on what should be accomplished within the next four years!
- Family Day - This Monday, take in Family Day fun at our community centres and recreation facilities. Check the list to find locations offering special programming, free holiday skates, games, sports and more.
- Good Neighbourhoods Talk - Join City staff for the annual update and priority setting for the London Strengthening Neighbourhoods Strategy 2017-2020. Wednesday, March 6, from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Civic Gardens Complex, 625 Springbank Dr. Let us know if you can come and share your thoughts!
- Age Friendly London - Registration for this year’s conference is now open! It will be held at the London Hellenic Centre, Wednesday, June 26 with the theme “Every Day Heroes.”
To sign up, call (519) 661-5575 or register online. For both methods, use barcode 315571.
- Register Your Pet for Rewards - It’s time to apply for and renew your 2019 Dog Licenses or Cat Identification Tags. When you do, you can also take advantage of savings from participating vendors around town.
- Alert London - Keep your entire family in the loop with Alert London, our free emergency notification system. From large-scale power outages to community evacuations, we'll keep you informed in the case of an emergency. Sign up today!